Monday, January 23, 2006

I lie to you because I love you!!!

"I'm out here telling these other hoes the Truth!" (c) Jody. For those that don't know, Jody is one of the greatest cinematic Characters of all time. He is of course the leading character in the Classic Tour de Force Baby Boy. This movie was one of the best movies of all time. Just know that.

In other news I headed back to the aforementioned Wonderland Ballroom. Seems that the upstairs is non-smoking. So for those that don't know I absolutely abhor smoking, I think it's a disgusting habit, and I don't allow anyone I date to engage in said habit. Call me what you will but that's one of the things that allows my life to be right by me. So yeah the vibe was good, the DJ was doin his thing, and everyone was dancing happily. Good times had by all. Once again we stopped by the good Yum's and made our way to the crib.

In some real shit, The lady and I went to go see Munich this weekend. Here's how I feel about this movie. We're gonna talk about this in a Frank manner. This movie showed violence in a stark and very real and literal way. From gun shots, to bombs, to people's limbs being left on spinning Fan blades. Shit was just wild as fuck. But outside of the very bold and beautiful violence of the movie the underlying but very in your face message of "violence begets more violence" is one that is truly played out even today. To link this story to that of what the US is doin in the middle east isn't far off, and is obviously part of the point of the movie.

In this particular story there is a "you kill one of ours, We kill as many of yours as we can" mentality that sets off a cycle of violence that can never truly end. There are people who work the both sides to propegate more violence and hate between the sides. War, terrorism, and violence of this sort can be amazingly intimate (I've cultivated a great friendship with you, but now it's just you me and this death I do unto thee), yet absurdly impersonal (you rep their Smart Tech, well you gotta go too!). The overwhelming question that comes to mind is that in the end who really wins? Who comes out on top? Palestinians should have a state, country, with representation. Israel took there's, but hey it's here now, so there needs to be two countries. Until that point in time comes about, no one wins and there's only bloodshed and tears. It's like we're sitting back and watching two gangs just go back at eachother. One gang heavily funded and has the backing of society, the other gang outgunned but disturbingly vigilant in a fight that they feel is just. We all just sit back and watch and see who's gonna win. This shit is amazing to me. This battle has been goin on in an area that is roughly the size of New Jersey for a long time, with no signs of stopping. Violence won't solve their problems and it for most certain has done nothing to solve the United States Problems. Please believe that.

Well in the meantime ya'll bammas should go check out my Urrea Slang right here. I bet there's some jounts you ain't even know in there. CHICKEN!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home