Monday, April 28, 2008

Life was so simple

Hey folks, welcome to a new lay-out same old Dae though. Yesterday i took a trip the Washington Nationals Brand Spanking new ball park creatively named Nationals Park. From the second you step out of the tro and onto half street you're expected to be blown away by this view of this steel and limestone structure that bares the hometown colors as well as the hometown pride of the Washington Nationals. The stadium for all purposes is really nice to look at. There's a videogame area and everything, then as we wandered around the looking at possible food options. We stumbled upon this place that looked decent, so we walk up and I see something that honestly made my heart flutter, I had to take a second to realize what I was looking at.

So as I get myself together I order, and what you might ask has already put me into this state of ecstacy before i even eat it? It was Cheeseburger, topped with Lettuce, Tomatoes, and LUMP Crab meat with old BAY!!!!!!!! Yes it was the best thing ever. I immediately called my bestfriend, gave him somethign to keep him awake at night and something to dream towards later on in life. The rest of the game was cold, the Nats won, but damn if that burger wasn't the highlight of my day (Sorry baby).

So one thing that I did notice at the game was that there was a high school senior trip going on. (I know this only because all levenhundred of them sat directly behind us, and 3 tall jokers sat next to me) anyway the point is this. I never got a senior trip of any type, and I wonder what it would've done for my ass getting quotient? Anyway I think it would've been great to go experience another city they way these 17 year old kids were. They came to Washington, DC saw a Nats game, i'm sure did a bunch of tourist stuff, but in the end probably get an experience that at that age I just won't get. Travel with your friends from hs, hotel rooms, bad pickup lines, and possibly even eating local foods that they would've never gotten a chance to eat. Shit they might've even learned something. I bet one kid left with a huge appreciation for old bay.

Oh my grill game is getting better, ya'll better get over here before the summer's over because I'm laying down some fantastic stuff, the kabobs last nite were on point. Next time I'm seasoning better and it's gonna be over with.

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It won't be Nationals Park for long ... that's only until someone buys the naming rights. Then it can be something really sweet like Dulcolax Field. :-|

 
At 12:11 PM , Blogger Dae said...

True, but there still aren't enough bathrooms in that place, and it was cold as shit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home